Thai beef salad recipe
This"Yum Neua"or spicy Thai beef salad recipe
generally means "mixing beef salad".
The mixing aroma of the herbs and of
the grilled beef made Yum Neua one of
the most popular thai salad recipes.
You can have this thai salad as an appetizer,
side dish or as a main with some steamed rice.
Personally I prefer the latter as I feel that
the warm steamed rice goes pretty well with
the aroma of the herbs
Grill beef spicy salad
- 200 g of beef rump steak (or any good steak)
- 300 g of coarsely grated carrot
- 1 medium tomato, cut into segments
- 4 fresh mint leaves
- 4 shallots or 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 2 red chilies finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons of lime or lemon juice
- 1 tablespoons of sugar
Grill the steak on a charcoal or
barbecue grill (or normal pan fry will do).
Cook the steak to your preferences
(I like mine to be a bit rare)
sprinkle some salt on the steak just
before you finish grilling. then let
it rest for a minute and Thinly slice the steak.
In a large bowl, mix all the remaining ingredients
with the sliced steak and stir well.
Turn all the mixture onto a dish and serve.
[Back to easy beef recipes] [Home]