Thai salad recipe - Som Tum
(Spicy Carrot and Parsnip Salad)
The mouthwatering Som Tum,
one of the most healthy dishes in the world!!
This Thai salad recipe is adapted from the original
"Som Tum" version. Instead of using the grated papaya
as the original, we use grated carrot and parsnip,
as it's easier for me to find. You can't find parsnip?
Carrot alone would do as well.
I personally love to have this dish together with some
fried or steamed fish fillet as they go well together.
However you can have it as it is or in anyway you like.
It's so easy and only take few minutes to make.
Leave out the chili if you don't like the hot and spicy.
However if you do love it spicy you can add as many
chilies as you like. it's your choice.
Thai Spicy Carrot and Parsnip Salad
- 3 tablespoons of lime or lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon of spoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoons of chopped garlic
- 1 red or green chili chopped (optional)
- ½ red onion finely sliced (optional)
- 1 medium tomato, cut into 8 wedges
- 400 g of coarsely grated carrot
- 300 g of coarsely grated parsnip
Put all the ingredients into a large serving bowl
and toss well to combine.
Garnish with the mint leaves and serve.
[Back to low calorie and vegetarian recipes] [Home]