Prawn tom yum soup recipe
(Tom Yum Goong)
Our Prawn Tom Yum soup recipe brings authentic aroma
of the herbs as well as the hot, sour and spicy flavors.
It's very refreshing and tasty. No wonder why Tom Yum is
one of the most famous Thai dishes around the world.
This Tom Yum Goong recipe is boiled down into a few easy
steps of how to make this yummy and spicy thai soup.
Prawn Tom Yum soup recipe
½ cup (625 ml) of prawn stock or chicken stock as prefer
- 5 kaffir lime leaves chopped
- 9 mushrooms chopped in quarters
- 9 raw tiger prawns peeled and deveined
- 5 pieces of chopped and crushed lemon glass
(around 2cm long each)
- 1-2 fresh chilies finely chopped (as prefer)
- 2 ½ tablespoons of fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- 2 ½ tablespoons of lime or lemon juice
- coriander leaves (cilantro)
Boil the stock in the pot. Add mushrooms, lemon glass,
lime leaves and chilies.
Bring to boil then add prawns, fish sauce,
sugar and continue cooking for around 1-2 minutes.
Turn off the heat, add lime juice. Pour into a serving bowl.
Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.
[Back to seafood recipes] [Home]